Now I know you are all thinking we’ve lost the plot. The zipper has not changed for years and does not need celebrating. Sometimes it takes a bad experience or the absence of a thing for you to appreciate what you have always had all along.
The fashion industry seems to have taken a step backwards all in the name of cost saving. While the quality of jeans I have purchased of late has drastically improved in quality, I have since found out this comes at a price. Unfortunately most of the time, I only notice the severity of the problem after purchase and while in use of the product for that matter. Buttons have found themselves doing the job the zipper has been executing quite well on jeans for decades.
The problem with these buttons is amplified when you have to “go” and you have approximately four of these things to unbuckle. What happened to the one precise motion we got used to with the zipper. This is equally annoying when you have to buckle them back up again.
I am sure I will get used to this change eventually like we all did with the zipper. After all, my jeans are cheaper and I do get more for less than I would have to pay if zippers where still in use. We hope you enjoyed reading this as much as we did venting it.
- Quick to opening in one swift motion.
- Quick to close in one swift motion.
- May lose the ability to close due to the loosening of teeth.
- Zipper handle can get stuck in the zipper cover of some jeans/products, making them hard to open.
- Alcohol drinking men claim they can be a danger to pinching their private parts while entoxicated and trying to relieve themselves.